Sunday, April 23, 2006

Airport-Road Tree Disaster

This morning I go to having my breakfast with brothers. When I pass by the airport road along green heights, I found that the trees at the other side of the road also cut down by government for the project of flyover. I feel sad in the car along the road, last time the road was a boulevard, well cover by three row of green big tree, but now there's only left a single middle row of tree. I no more enjoy while driving on this road as last time, really feel sad when I think about that a lot of big tree will sacrifice for development... ... Why the government don't follow the step of other countries such as Australia they shift away the big tree instead of cut it down, need to understand that its not easy for a tree to grow such old and such big. Is it they think we are in Borneo island and still many tree in around???
One day sooner our beautiful kuching will become another Kuala Lumpur city, prosperous but dirty and pollution and well cover by "concrete jungle". At those time, the fresh air, clear blue sky and green scenery will just a memory.
Just want to say "Please!" for those politician and government, in terms of development also don't forget to take care of our environment. One day, it is too late for us regret... ...
I thankful for those who suggest and develop the fly-over road to reduce the traffic jam and make convenience for people. But please do care about the environment too!

1 comment:

Wilson Chin said...

hi, I'm fine here :)
this lately so many things happen to me, the worse part is that my company had close down the IT department, so I'm jobless now. Hope that i can get a new job soon, and i'm sorry to post sad things in my blog.
I'll never do that again...